Choose an active volcano from somewhere on Earth, from this online list (Links to an external site.). In a well-crafted essay, cover all of the questions below. (Tip: Investigate your volcano online a bit before committing to it for this assignment; make sure there is sufficient information available about it, in English, for you to be able to meet the paper length requirement.)
- What is the name of your volcano? How did it get that name?
- Where on Earth is it located? (If possible, include a map.)
- What kind of volcano is it?
- How old is it? (if known)
- What is its tectonic setting? Is it near a plate boundary? If so, which boundary, and how are the plates moving relative to each other?
- When have its major eruptions taken place? What happened during those eruptions?
- What kinds of rock has the volcano produced?
- What is the likelihood this volcano will erupt again in our lifetimes? How dangerous might these future eruptions be?
- Include at least one photograph of your volcano. Be sure to use APA format to document its source.
- Share any other fascinating facts you have learned about your volcano.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- 2-3 pages in length (not counting title page, reference page, and visuals)
- 3-4 credible outside sources