the notes must be in your own words, and notes that are simply pasted from the book, copied from other studentsâ€™ notes, or copied from other sources will receive zero credit.
1)Choose one of the following, and complete one page (double spaced) of notes on the main points.
- On Animal Research: DeGrazia, Chap. 7, pg. 105-116, â€œDo important ends justify harmful means?â€, â€œHarms and costsâ€, and â€œAlternativesâ€
- On Death: DeGrazia, Chap. 4, pg. 57-65, â€œThe harm of confinementâ€™â€, â€œIs death a harm?â€, and â€œAre these harms comparable across species?â€
- On Farming and Meat Eating: DeGrazia, Chap. 5, pg. 70-79, â€œThe institution of factory farmingâ€, â€œMoral evaluationâ€, â€œTraditional family farmingâ€, and â€œSeafoodâ€
- On Pets and Zoos: DeGrazia, Chap. 6, pg. 82-87 and 92-95, â€œConditions for keeping animalsâ€, â€œPetsâ€, and â€œShould we keep animals in zoos?â€
2) Choose one of the following videos, and write a 1 page essay (double spaced) comparing it to DeGraziaâ€™s views in the matching chapter.
- On Animal Research: Experimenting on Animals: Inside the Monkey Lab: https://youtu.be/ocsPo53PCls (Links to an external
- On Farming and Meat Eating: Ethics: Killing Animals for Food: https://youtu.be/3HAMk_ZYO7g (Links to an external site.)
- On Pets and Zoos: Have You Ever Thought About This? The Ethics of Pet Ownership: https://youtu.be/hrwG1BHdHIk (Li