Each of us perceives “ethics” from our own point of reference as to what is or is not ethical. This assignment asks you to consider ethics and whistle-blowers. Select one of the behaviors listed below for your discussion posting. Base your posting on your relationship with the “unethical person” and any risk involved in “whistle blowing”.
1. Stealing from an employer
2. Falsifying a time sheet
3. Padding an expense account
4. Falsifying any document or record
5. Lying about the conduct of a co-worker
For all discussions questions a primary response of 300 word must be posted to the discussion forum, the post must be submitted by Wednesday at midnight. Each student is to post a reply to another students’ posting (minimum 200 words) and must be posted Sunday by Midnight. All late submissions will receive a zero grade.
Requirements (please read)
For each discussion, you are required to write an initial post (300 words) and one secondary post (200 words). The discussion forums will be worth 40 points apiece—25 points for the initial post and 15 points for the secondary post. For your initial and secondary posts, you must have at least two academic peer-reviewed articles for references. You must get them from the library. There are directions at the top of our Moodle page showing how to utilize the library.
Grading for discussions.
- All discussions must be completed on-time and must include in-text citations and references in APA style formatting. If you do not use in-text citations or they are not in APA format you will lose 3 points. If you do not have references or if they are not in APA format, you will lose 5 points. (You do not need citations and references for secondary posts).
- You will lose 10% based on word count if your posts are too short. For example, your initial post is 300 words, if you have 250 words you will lose 5 points. 50 words short times 10% (50 x .10 = 5).
- If any part of your post is copied and pasted (ANY POST), you will receive a “0”. I will not ask you about it and you will not have a chance to resubmit the post.