Consider what, in your opinion, makes a musician great. Think about what qualities we associate with greatness. These could be popularity, virtuosic talent, ability to connect with people, rebelliousness, trend-setting…Then:
- Complete the A “Great” Musician Written_Assignment_3.docx – Alternative Formats table by doing and answering the following:
- Compare any two (2) different historical periods that you have read about in this course: Medieval, Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and Contemporary.
- Who are the most influential musicians of the two periods? Why were they so influential?
- What are the hallmarks (unique characteristics) of their “styles”?
- Listen to a work by each musician. Name the title, composer and/or performer you chose for each period.
- Do their works share any similarities? How are they different from one another?
- Write in complete sentences, to complete the A “Great” Musician Written_Assignment_3.docx – Alternative Formats table.
- Use Microsoft Word and run a spell check/grammar check (under the “Review” menu in Word). Correct grammar and spelling will be part of your grade.
- Copy and paste your proof-read assignment into the Assignment Drop Box (not the “Comments” Box.)
All written assignments will run through SafeAssign, Blackboard’s plagiarism checking tool. Be sure to paraphrase appropriately.
See the Rubric for how your grade will be determined.