A sufficiently detailed statement of work (SOW) can assist with the negotiations during the bidding process as well as deal with potential conflicts during the execution of the contract. The SOW can be utilized to address risks such as not meeting requirements or non-performance of work.
Address the following in 4â€“5 pages:
- Prepare a SOW with at least 8 sections.
- You may use all of the information that you have compiled in the previous assignments to craft this final SOW.
Review and reflect on the knowledge that you have gained from this course. Based on your review and reflection, write 1 page on the following:
- Evaluate your learning about contracting and procurement. How has this learning changed your mindset about project procurement?
- Assess the effectiveness of project procurement processes and contracting strategy and how this strategy was used in the case study (scheduling tool implementation project).
- Explain what legal and ethical considerations must be considered in the case study project (scheduling tool implementation project).
- How did participating in discussions help your understanding of the subject matter? Is anything still unclear that could be clarified?
BELOW IS THE COMPANY INFO
ACME Development Corporation (ADC), a developer of custom homes and apartment complexes, has decided to standardize its project management practices and processes across its national organization. The goal is to standardize with one single project-scheduling tool and to have the tool installed and be operational within 90 days. To this end, the company is forming a central project management office (PMO). Until now, project managers (there are 40 presently on staff distributed all over the United States) have been able to use whatever scheduling tool they liked, within their budget constraints. They have also been able to buy equipment and engage contractors at will. The PMO will be determining one scheduling tool that all PMs will be expected to use, exclusive of any other scheduling tools. The PMO will also develop and implement a standardized procurement process. Because the PMs are located across the United States, a Web-based solution seems likely to be the most successful tool.
As the project manager, you have been charged with implementing the procurement process, and you decide that your first project will be purchasing the scheduling tool for ACME Development Corporation.