- You’ll analyze three data sets in SPSS. First, you’ll analyze the SPSS data sets found at these two links.http://calcnet.mth.cmich.edu/org/spss/Prj_carsdata.htm and
- 1. For data set 1, the Cars Data, perform a multiple regression analysis, make a correlation table, provide descriptives (i.e., means, standard deviations).What do you know based on this data? Demonstrate your understanding of what is happening.
- 2. For data set 2 (disease data), perform logistic regression analysis, make a correlation table, provide descriptives. Also, compare means across disease states. You dependent variable is disease.What do you know based on this data? Demonstrate your understanding of what is happening.
- 3. You will also analyze the data I have attached. Import your data into SPSS. And tell me the following:
Which two friends have the strongest correlation with each other? The weakest?Who should Captain Planet trust the most? The least?Produce a correlation table, a descriptives table, and a regression analysis consisting of all five Planeteers’ ratings as independent variables.
A few hints and tips that will help you:
- the files that you are looking for on webpages are at the bottom. Scroll down, and click it. If there are more than one, click the one that is a .sav file–that opens in SPSS
- Go to VLAB first–that way, when you open up SPSS files, they’ll open automatically open in SPSS.
- To make a correlation table, you just click analyze->correlate->bivariate. Then, you just select the variables from the list of variables on the right and move them over to the variables box on the left. When you’ve done that, click OK, an you’ll get the correlation table.
- To do regressions, it’s just clicking analyze->regression->linear. To do logistic regression (data set 2), it’s analyze->regression->binary logistic. You put the dependent variable (remember, that’s the think you’re predicting) in the dependent variable box, and the independent varible/covariates into the independent variable/covariate box. Then click ok.
- For the captain planet data, you can import it with File->Import Data->CSV data. Just click through and boom your data is in. If you’re having trouble getting it in that way, try file->import data->excel.
- Captain Planet Example