Instructions â€“ PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Department of Business Administration
Organization Design and Development- MGT 404
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Analyze the strategic role of change in the organization and its impact on organizational performance (Lo 2.9)
- Identify and apply the basic steps of the organizational development process (Lo 2.5)
- Define the human, structural and strategic dimensions of the organizational development (Lo 1.5 & 3.1)
- Be sure to use at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed references in support of each answer and also incorporate the key concepts from the course.
- This Assignment comprise of a Case study.
- Assignment is to be submitted by each student individually.
- Q.1 Discuss why â€˜strategic orientationâ€™ is fundamental to diagnosis in OD. Support your answer using two examples from this case study. (1.5 marks) (Lo 2.9)
- Q.2 Explain why it is important for a group design to be congruent with the larger organization design. Support your answer using an example from this case study (1.5 marks) (Lo 1.5 & 3.1)
- Q.3 Based on your understanding of the group-level diagnostic model, describe and evaluate each of the Ortivâ€™s team design components:
- Q.4 Discuss how the group design of Ortivâ€™s Glass Corporation could positively or negatively impacts on the diagnosis of design components at the individual level. (2 Marks) (Lo 2.9)
- Please read the case study entitled as â€œTop Management Team at Ortiv Glass Corporation.â€ available in the textbook â€œOrganization Development & Changeâ€ 9th edition by Cummings, T and Worley, C and answer the following questions:
– Goal clarity (1 mark) (Lo 2.5)
– Task structure (1 mark) (Lo 2.5)
– Team functioning (1 mark) (Lo 2.5)
– Group composition (1 mark) (Lo 2.5)
– Group norms (1 mark) (Lo 2.5)