- Which perspective best describes our political institution here in the US: structural functionalism (pluralism) or social conflict (power elite)? Be sure to explain your choice and use at least one example to support your position.
- Thinking of the US as a capitalist nation with some socialist elements, what are at least two ways you directly benefit from government intervention in the economy?
- Who or what was responsible for the Triangle Fire? What were some of the consequences for work and labor as a result of this tragedy? What’s your personal response to this story?
- Chapter 19
- What is your reaction to the content of the videos about food deserts? Are you surprised? Do you have any personal experiences that connect?
- Apply one of the three major theoretical perspectives to the content of the video. How would a sociologist understand food deserts?
- Name a current or historical social movement and describe
- Itâ€™s ideological commitment to promote or resist social change
- The cultural codes it challenges
- What, if any, social changes have you noticed since the last presidential election?
Reflect back on the last seven weeks:
- What are your big takeaways from the course? In other words, what are 1 or 2 things that you learned that you believe will stick with you after the course is over?
- Were you surprised by anything you learned in the class? Explain.
- Do you think that you’ll continue to think like a sociologist after the course? Why or why not?