How do viruses cause infection?
A. Watch the following videos and study the materials
- Flu attack, how a virus invade your body (4 min, by NPR, 2009) (Links to an external site.)
- Cell vs Virus (4 min, by TED-Ed, 2014 (Links to an external site.)
- How we conquered small pox (4.5 min, by TED-Ed, 2013) (Links to an external site.)
- Can we have an effective cure against common cold? (Links to an external site.)
B. Post a paragraph discussing ONE of the following questions (5 pts):
- How can flue virus kill a person?
- How lethal small pox infection was in the past and how it is now?
- Based on the data in the link above about possible cure for common cold, How can a possible drug cure many common cold and related viruses?
C. Then, read your class-mates posts and reply to at least two of your classmates. Your comments should be meaningful (not simply “Yeah, me too” or “I agree”). (2.5 pts for each full meaningful response). Make sure you include following in your reply:
- start by greeting the class-mate by name
- contribute to one or two of his/her discussion point with your view
- Pose any related questions you might have
- your name
D. Answer any questions you might get from class-mates