Identify a case of corporate fraud by finding a current event or by researching historical cases. After finding a case, complete the following in your initial discussion post:
- Briefly summarize the case, including what happened, who was involved, and what damages were incurred.
- Note how the fraud was detected and discuss any red flags that appeared prior to detection.
- Could an accounting and finance system have helped deter this fraud? If yes, how? If no, why not?
- Are there any specific business policies and procedures that could have been in place that would have prevented the fraud from occurring? Explain.
- Embed course material concepts, principles, and theories, which require supporting citations along with at least two scholarly peer reviewed references supporting your answer. Keep in mind that these scholarly references can be found in the Saudi Digital Library by conducting an advanced search specific to scholarly references.
- Reply to at least two of your peersâ€™ initial posts. These replies need to be substantial and constructive in nature. They should add to the content of the post and evaluate/analyze that postâ€™s answers. Normal course dialogue doesnâ€™t fulfill these two peer replies but is expected throughout the course. Keep in mind that within your initial post, answering all course questions is required.
- Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines.
Be sure to support your statements with logic and argument, citing all sources referenced. Post your initial response early, and check back often to continue the discussion. Be sure to respond to your peersâ€™ posts as well.
- Chapter 9: Functional Business Systems in Information Technology for Management: On-Demand Strategies for Performance, Growth, and Sustainability
- Aslam, B., & Karjaluoto, H. (2017). Digital advertising around paid spaces, E-advertising industryâ€™s revenue engine: A review and research agenda. Telematics and Informatics, 34(8), 1650-1662.
- Gunarathne, P., Rui, H., & Seidmann, A. (2018). When social media delivers customer service: Differential customer treatment in the airline industry. MIS Quarterly, 42(2), 489-A10.
- Chapter 9 PowerPoint slides – Information Technology for Management
Replay the two students in the word file below: