- Choose one of the pieces from this unit’s listening.
- Pick one that stands out to you and briefly (1-2 sentences) explain why this particular piece “caught your ear.”
- What are the piece’s unique characteristics? BE SPECIFIC and use your textbook as your reference! This should be the main part of your mini-essay. This is not opinion – these are facts that you have researched.
- Cite your sources (Links to an external site.) – including your textbook. Points deducted for not citing references. You may use MLA format. (Links to an external site.)
- Response should be one-two paragraphs. Use full sentences, no abbreviations, and check your spelling for full credit.
After posting your response, comment on TWO students’ responses. You may ask a question or demonstrate further understanding of the topic. Questions about CITING your SOURCES? Contact the Writing Center (Links to an external site.)!
Composer: Ludwig von Beethoven
Piano Sonata in c-sharp minor, Op. 27, No. 2 (Moonlight) preformed by Daniel Barenboim
Listening Guide 18
Symphony No. 5 in c minor, Op. 67 by Ludwig von Beethoven.
First movement: Allegro con brio
Beethoven: Symphony 5 (complete)
Listening Guide 19
An example of Lieder by Franz Schubert.
ErlkÃ¶nig (Elf King)
Listening Guide 22