Chapter 18 discusses Financial regulation.
Financial Regulation Essay Questions
1. What do we learn about the causes of banking crises by comparing crises throughout the world to those that have occurred in the United States?
2. What is the asymmetric information problem and how does it contribute to our understanding of the structure of bank regulation in the United States and other countries?
3. Why did the United States experience a banking crisis in the 1980s?
4. How has bank regulation in the United States changed since the late 1980s? What accounts for these changes?
5. How have bank capital requirements changed since the banking crisis of the 1980s? Explain.