Exploring solutions. FOLLOW THIS!!!!!
Now that you have defined your problem, you must shed light on the solutions being discussed.
- Think of the conclusion of your â€œDefining a problemâ€ paper as a place to begin an exploration of solutions.Use other information from Essay 2 in the introduction of Essay 3 as needed to introduce the problem.Your Essay 3 introduction might be two paragraphs.
- Your thesis should be a question about the solution? â€œWhat solution will work best?â€ â€œWhat solution is a good one to try first?â€etc.
- Explore the solutions to this problem with 5/8 sources (two must be scholarly).This exploration should be about 1500 words.
- You need to cover at least 4-6 solutions.
- After you introduce each solution, comment on its effectiveness.Consider these questions:
- Think carefully about what order to put the solutions in?Similar solutions should be next to one another, for example.
- Has the solution been tested?
- Are there obstacles to the solution?
- Will the solution cause other problems?
- Is the solution affordable?
- Is the solution doable?
- Is the solution on-track?
- 1500-word essay
- Works Cited page with 5-8 sources
- Two scholarly articles
- Solutions should be in a conversation, in that each solution should be talked about in light of all solutions.Use the â€œWays to Respondâ€ method to give your educated opinion of each solution.Your â€œI Sayâ€ should start and finish each paragraph.Donâ€™t feel you must make each solution a separate paragraph.Many solutions may be similar.Also, you may include solutions that donâ€™t specifically address your particular problem but that might work as a solution.
- In the conclusion, about 10 sentences, suggest a solution. This solution might be a particular one, a combination of many, a particular one that you have tweaked, or it even might be a brand-new solution that you figured out.The solution might even be that your problem canâ€™t be solved until X is done. The conclusion should only explain briefly why the solution is the best. That is the next essay. Use this language:â€œThe evidence suggests that ____________________ might be the best solution.The solution will _________________the problem of _________________________.