According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 1 in 6 Americans (or 48 million people) gets sick, 128,000 are hospitalized, and 3,000 die of foodborne illness annually in the United States. Therefore, a food safety program is an essential service that public health programs provide to protect and improve the health of populations.
For this assignment:
- Analyze the food safety program in Los Angeles and discuss whether the program is adequately implemented to protect the public.
- Design an educational brief related to foodborne illnesses in order to improve publicâ€™s knowledge about food safety (specifically for your city).
- Assuming that you will distribute this brief to parents of elementary students in your city, discuss how you would effectively implement and evaluate your food safety and health outreach program.
- Your paper should be a minimum of five pages in length (excluding cover page and reference page).
- Use a minimum of three peer-reviewed references.
- Use APA format to style your paper and to cite your sources. Your sources should be integrated into the paragraphs. Use internal citations pointing to evidence in the literature and supporting your ideas. You will need to include a reference page listing those sources.