For this assessment, consider that you work as a marketing analyst for a consulting firm. You were previously asked to develop an analysis white paper to be used for marketing purposes to showcase the firm’s consulting capabilities, and your manager and the firm’s marketing team was impressed with your work.
As a result, your manager asked you to create another analysis white paper to also be used for marketing purposes, with a goal of highlighting the firm’s consulting capabilities for each of the “four Ps” of product, place, price, and promotion.
Analyze the fourth “P,” promotion, for a product or service. You can use the same product you used for the previous assessments, or you can choose another organization, product, or service.
Your analysis should cover all the aspects of promoting the product or service, including promoting to the customer and other promotional audiences. Address the following in your analysis:
Analyze the company’s communication strategy in relation to the intended customer or promotional audiences. As part of that, indicate:
- Who are the intended customers?
- Who are the promotional audiences?
- What are its communication channels and media tools?
- How does the company use social media in its promotion of the product or service?
- Who represents the product or service?
Explain how the integrated communication aspects of the company’s integrated marketing program contribute to the company’s economic success in relation to its competition in the marketplace.
- Analyze promotional components of the sales approach and explain how they support the sales process. As an example, salespeople for an IT product might need to educate the customer about the product as part of the sales cycle. What works? What does not work?
- Propose potential improvements to the company’s promotional strategy and justify those changes based upon identified weaknesses or opportunities.
- Describe how your recommendations regarding the promotion strategy might impact management in the company. For example, are there issues related to how and when your recommendations should be implemented? Suggest ways of addressing potential implementation challenges from your recommendations.
Based on your executive audience, your case study should be well organized and written in clear, succinct language. Follow APA rules for attributing sources that support your analysis and conclusions.
Academic Integrity and APA Formatting
As a reminder related to using APA rules to ensure academic honesty:
- When using a direct quote (using exact or nearly exact wording), you must enclose the quoted wording in quotation marks, immediately followed by an in-text citation. The source must then be listed in your references page.
- When paraphrasing (using your own words to describe a non-original idea), the paraphrased idea must be immediately followed by an in-text citation and the source must be listed in your references page.