View an introduction to the Assignment here:
In this Assignment, you will be locating and using evidence to support a specific health-based concern or topic. Using the resources available to you, locate a health-related topic in your community (e.g., local, state, or regional). You will communicate this health-related topic to others.
- Locate a health-related topic in your community (e.g., local, state, or regional).
Using a power point presentation, develop a communication initiative that best educates your community on this health-related topic:
PowerPoint presentation (10–12 slides) with detailed speaker’s notes for each slide.
- Your communication initiative should portray a real-life, health-related topic in your community. The use of factual data written primarily in your own words is required for this Assignment.
- The use of first person is permitted for this Assignment. APA formatting (title page, conclusion, reference page, etc.) should not be used. Remember, you are developing a current communication initiative for your community.
- References should be cited according APA formatting. APA formatting is not required for the content of the Assignment. However, proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation are expected. Please use footnotes to cite any references. If you complete a Public Service Announcement please submit references as a separate word document.
- Murphy, M. P., Staffileno, B. A., & Foreman, M. D. (2018). Research for Advanced Practice Nurses, Third Edition : From Evidence to Practice (Vol. Third edition). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.Please read pages 1-9
- Bhargava, K., & Bhargava, D. (2007). Evidence Based Health Care: A scientific approach to health care. Sultan Qaboos University medical journal, 7(2), 105–107. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3074860/