hello i need help with some history questions:
Section I 120-150 words each
Directions: Be prepared to identify each of the people/objects/terms/events below. In a few of sentences explain why are they significant and how they influenced world history?
- The Epic of Gilgamesh
- Cyrus the Great
- Alexander the Great
- The Olmec
- Steppe Pyramid of Saqqara
- Bamboo annals
- The Qin
- Dromedary Camels
- Battle of Marathon
- Rig Veda
- The Zhou Book od Odes
Section II 200-220 words each
Directions: Answer the question completely and include some discussion of primary sources to support your answer. Full referencing and citation is not necessary.
1. Compare how bipedalism and language each marked a turning point in the development of hominids. What similarities exist among the advantages that these traits gave specific hominid groups?
2. What factors spurred the development of written scripts? How did the development of written scripts affect the societies that developed them?
3. How did the domestication of the horse in Afro-Eurasia affect the development of nomadic and settled societies during the second millennium bce? How was the horse integrated into military technologies?
4. Compare the Zhou state to the Neo-Assyrian state and Persian Empire. How did they form different types of states? How did each try to integrate its realms?
5. Compare and contrast how thinkers in China, South Asia, and the Greek city-states began to consider how to improve their societies. How did the various thinkers respond to the particular circumstances of their states, societies, and/or cultures?
6. Compare and contrast Buddhist and Confucian philosophies. How did each seek to respond to different sets of issues?
7. How did Alexander the Greatâ€™s conquests alter the political landscape of the Afro-Eurasian world? What types of political regimes emerged in the wake of Alexander?
8. Compare how Chinese and South Asian societies were affected by the expansion of trade following the conquests of Alexander the Great. How did the development of trade affect broad social structures and cultural practices such as religion?
Worlds Together Worlds Apart: Volume I: Beginnings Through the 15th Century, Fifth Edition. Robert Tignor, Jeremy Adelman, Stephen Aron, Peter Brown, et al., eds., (New York and London: W.W. Norton & Company, Inc., 2018).