Read the Book 1: Killer Show: The Station Nightclub Fire, Americaâ€™s Deadliest Rock Concert, John Barylick, ISBN 978- 1611682656
Be sure that your report answers the following questions:
1. WHAT BOOK (Book 1: Killer Show: The Station Nightclub Fire, Americaâ€™s Deadliest Rock Concert, John Barylick, ISBN 978- 1611682656 ) did you read (give a full bibliographic citation, attach after report as an appendix)?
2. WHAT HAPPENED in this book? WHAT was built, WHERE, WHEN? Give a short summary of the structure(s)/city part/city and its intended functioning.
3. WHAT were the impacts of the fire? How did it impact the lives of people at the location where the fire happened? How did it impact the structure of the building, the city/State where it occurred?
4. WHAT were the most important factors that led to the fire and loss of lives? Consider human and social aspects of the decisions made, existing laws/regulations/requirements in place at the time of the fire, business practices, ethics.
5. WHAT lessons did you learn from this book? How do they relate to existing buildings and building codes? How are these lessons used to design, build, and operate current buildings?
6. HOW did the built environment influence survival in positive and negative ways? HOW innovative was the design of this particular structure(s), in terms of its methods and/or materials of construction, in terms of its environmental social impacts, and in terms of its use? Did it function in the way in which it was intended?
7. Did YOU like this book? Would you recommend it to others? Produce a review of it as an object of entertainment, perhaps using a review of a book in a magazine or newspaper as an example.
I expect that you will submit this information in a 6-8-page written report (not counting any front or back matter). You should use space-and-a-half, 12-point Times New Roman font, 1-inch margins all around. Number your pages. Spelling, grammar, and presentation will be graded.
3 hours ago