read and also I added example.
SOC 111: Introduction to Sociology: Theory Identification Paper
For this assignment please write a 5-page paper (not including title/reference pages or abstract), identifying four sociological theories of Sociology. Three of the theories are required to be the three major theories of Sociology: Functionalism, Conflict Theory and Symbolic Interactionism. The fourth Sociological theory may be a theory of your choice but must be chosen from one of the three theories listed below.
- Feminist Theory
- Social Exchange Theory
- Social Learning TheoryAssignment Directions: Please define, discuss and evaluate the difference and similarities between each theory in detail. Please feel free to use the internet and/or other resources to complete the assignment successfully and in detail.
Below you will find additional guidelines to assist in writing your theory identification paper:
o Identify the general context of each theory
issue of socialization.
Requirements: The theory identification paper must discuss each of the four theories (Functionalism, Conflict Theory and Interactionism) and one theory of your choice from the list above. This paper must be at least 5 typed pages in length not including title and reference pages. For all assignments written for this course, papers must be written in the correct form using APA documentation format and guidelines as well as must include at least 5 references.
The theory paper should be a well-written and based upon readings and/or library research; feel free to seek out additional materials related to the theories. Part of the assignment is to define each theory in detail as well as discuss and evaluate each theory. Remember that your paper must be submitted in Microsoft Office Word format.
04/01/2020 – RS0000000000000000000002118440 (Abdullah Alshuayl) – SOC 111 25171: Intro to Sociology (F2F)
Theory Identification Paper Grading Rubric
Assignment Rubric for Grading: Below is the grading rubric for this assignment. Please follow the assignment directions as well as use the grading rubric to complete your assignment. Your paper will be graded according to the grading rubric below.
Grading Rubric Part 1: The paper is at least 5 pages in length, typed and double- spaced. The paper follows APA guidelines including a title and reference page with at least 5 references as well as provides in-text citations (10 points). Please note that if
one or more of these requirements are missing you will be deducted the full -10 points.
Grading Rubric Section 2: The paper must the required information in full detail and follow the required assignment directions and format: (90 points total).
- The paper defines the general context of each theory: Functionalism, Conflict Theory and Interactionism and one of the theories chosen from the list (20 points)
- The paper identifies at least two theorists associated with each theory (10 points)
- The paper provides a detailed explanation of the key elements of each theory (10 points)
- The paper provides a critical evaluation of each theory (10 points)
- The paper defines, discusses and evaluates the differences and similaritiesbetween each theory (20 points)
â€¢ The paper provides a section that discusses two ways in which one of the
theories (your choice) applies to the issue of socialization (15 points)
â€¢ The paper provides a conclusion section that discusses the overall context of the paper (5 points)
**Please note that 10 points will be automatically deducted if the paper does not follow the assignment formatting requirements such as providing title/reference pages, page length, and the quality of your paper including organization, formatting and following APA guidelines including in-text citations.