Part 1 300-400 words
- Describe how your leadership style drives, connects, and values the principles.
- How have your background and interests led you to focus on this particular topic?
- How does your leadership approach enable or prohibit organizational development (OD) change management?
Part 2 300-400 words
- How do you think people perceive the change process?
- What signs of resistance to change may have to be overcome?
Write a paper of 3 pages not including the title or reference pages, addressing the following questions:
- Is it true that any type of leader can be a great organizational development (OD) practitioner?
- In your opinion, how can OD practitioners (internal or external) create conditions for high motivation and maintain commitment to change? Provide at least 5 citations. Use APA format for all citations.
Part 4 300-400 words
- Reflect on an organization with which you are familiar. When you consider the current workload and pace of work expected of employees, is their “room left” for a planned change initiative
- Based on these reflections, describe a referenced model or process this organization could utilize to determine whether current workload demands would need to be adjusted to enhance the likelihood that a significant change initiative could be successfully accomplished.
- Discuss ways that an organization can prepare for change by improving the organizationâ€™s capacity and readiness for change.
Part 5 300-400 words
- Describe the key elements that are needed for an organization to foster whole system change.
- Provide a referenced organizational development (OD) change model that illustrates organizational capacity for whole system change.
- Discuss what can be done to shift an organization from being one that is not ready to change to one that is.
Part 6 300-400 words
- How does OD provision or hinder strategy execution?
- In your OD expertise, which leadership action occurs first in OD: change interventions or strategic planning?
- Why did you choose this action?
In this assignment, you will investigate and assess the value of organizational development (OD) principles in the change process by focusing on improving employee engagement. This process can take months to develop depending on the strategy, change process, and size of the organization. For this assignment, you will develop a 4-slide presentation, not including title and reference slides around the following topics:
- Slide 1: Define the relationship of employee engagement to OD strategy implementation. What makes this connection valuable?
- Slide 2: List methods to measure employee engagement within an organization.
- Slide 3: List actions that the OD leaders can deploy to increase employee engagement.
- Slide 4: List out 5 references of peer-reviewed articles that include employee engagement, organization development, and change within the abstract. Include a hyperlink to an interesting open-source video on employee engagement.
Please use citied imagery and APA formatted references. Include a title slide, reference slide and speaker notes on each slide.
Provide an illustration and description of the change intervention in the Discussion Board.
Part 9 300-400 words
- What are the steps that are needed to assess the organizationâ€™s current state prior to launching a change intervention?
- Provide an outline of actions that an organizational development (OD) change agent would conduct prior to launching a change intervention.
Part 10 300-400 words
- In your organizational development (OD) practitioner opinion, what are 10 action steps that may need to be considered after the change process implementation?
- List out methods to minimize the risk of the organization returning to the previous organizational system.
- Determine the what, when, where, who, and how of post-OD intervention change implementation. Please use an outline format to describe the action steps that are needed.
- Include a minimum of 2 citations from the texts.
Part 11 5-7 pages
Pre Change Management
Develop an autonomous identity for an organization where you work or with whom you have been involved. Focus on the following:
- Reflect on your own organizationâ€™s areas for growth by organizational development (OD) change intervention.
- Describe this current organizational environment and the desire to change.
- What might the organization gain by changing?
- How will business strategy improve by leveraging OD change principles?
During Change Management
By leveraging the materials in this course, address the following:
- Define the â€œhypotheticalâ€ pre-change-implementation preparation steps to measure change capacity and employee engagement.
- List out the process of your change management intervention.
- Who will be involved?
- What resources will be needed?
- How long will it take to implement?
Post Change Management
Concluding the â€œhypotheticalâ€ change intervention, focus on the following questions:
- What are the actions you will take to ensure that the organization does not return to its original state?
- What methods need to be implemented to sustain this change effort?
Be sure to address the following:
- Include 5 to 10 references from the readings.
- Include illustrations of the change model selected.
- Build an illustration that outlines this change management process at each stage.
Part 12 300-400 words
- What are the differences between human resources (HR) and organizational development (OD) in the following areas within an organization?
- Reporting structure
- What are the similarities between HR and OD in the following areas within an organization?
- Reporting structure
- Based on the readings, answer the following question:
- Why is the relationship between HR and OD beneficial to organizational effectiveness?
- Be sure to address the following:
- Include a minimum of 3 citations from the readings.
- Citations may be from the same source.
Part 13 300-400 words
- What is human system dynamics, commonly known as human capital appraisal?
- In your organizational development (OD) opinion, what is the ideal human capital appraisal approach for OD practitioners?
Part 14 300-400 words
- What can OD practitioners learn from the posting?
- In your OD opinion, what scholarly reference supports the information that is provided?
In a 5-7 page paper, not including title and reference pages, leverage a scholar-practitioner approach to describe the following, by reflecting on an organization with which you are familiar:
- Organizational design of the relationship of human resources (HR) and organizational development (OD)
- The advantages of HR and OD collaboration
- The disadvantaged current HR and OD practices
- Future of HR and OD collaboration
- Provide at least 5 references
Part 16 300-400 words
- What will you do to ensure that your organization development (OD) skills, processes, and techniques stay current with changing environments (both inside and exterior to organizations)?
- What trends do you expect to contribute to necessary changes in OD processes? (include both social and technological trends). Make sure to support your assertions with literature.
Part 17 300-400 words
Imagine yourself as an organizational development (OD) practitioner leading change in the year 2030.
- What does the job description of the OD practitioner of 2030 look like?
- Make sure to include the impact of technological changes on your job?
- What types of value-added change processes will you be implementing within the organization?
- How will you measure the success of your OD interventions?
Part 18 300-400 words
Based on organizational development (OD) scholarship and your personal OD experience, please respond to the following questions:
- How can you leverage OD to improve revenue of an organization?
- What are the value propositions for organizations to provide fiscal resources to OD processes?
Part 19 6-7 pages
Select 2 change processes from any of the recommended texts. Provide a description of these processes, include the following:
- A change model illustration
- An assessment of the change intervention usability
Describe the following for each process:
- When each process might be implemented
- The rationale for selecting it
- The action steps for implementation around each method
Be sure to address the following:
- Compare the advantages and limitations of each process evaluated.
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of the change processes selected.
- Leverage a scholar-practitioner approach to change management intervention.
This change-management process evaluation paper should include the following:
- Minimum of 10 references from the field of organizational development
- 2 models of change process figures or illustrations (Use APA figure citation.)
Part 20 100 words
- What were the most compelling topics learned in this course?
- How did participating in discussions help your understanding of the subject matter? Is anything still unclear that could be clarified?
- What approaches could have yielded additional valuable information?
Part 21 300-400 words
Post 3 organizations that you may want to be involved in as an organizational development (OD) thought leader. Use the following format:
- Organization name
- Organization mission
- How will this organization support your career strategy in OD?