Your main post should be between 200 – 300 words, well thought-out and it should address the question in its entirety. Make sure that your main post is the same written assignment that has gone through the Unicheck process. Please submit your main post by Wednesday of the week.
Your two response replies should be between 50 – 100 words each. Responses such as, “I agree,” “disagree” or “good answer” are not acceptable.
I will suggest that you submit your first response reply by Friday of the week and the second no later than Sunday noon of the week. This will enable you to have a good discussion going on the thread. Note that both responses are due by Sunday of the week.
All your postings to the discussion board need to be:
- Free of plagiarism,
- Use the recommended APA writing format,
- Properly cited, and
- Academically clear, meaningful, and substantive.
Please keep in mind that this is a professional platform and we need to show gracious professionalism to everyone in this classroom at all times.
The discussion question for this week is as follows:
Your company is a Mom & Pop establishment that has been in business for three generations. The owners, an elderly couple have realized that in order to attract more customers, they need to have an online presence. The business produces custom-made guitars . They need someone to develop their website for them and also manage it. You have been hired to do so.
1. Should you find out what kind of volume (i.e., # of customers per month) they are expecting their website to bring in? Why?
2. Should you be concerned if they can handle such volume? Why?
3. As an IT person, should you spend time with them to find out what the entire custom guitar-making process entails? Why?
4 (a). As you work on the website, what are some IT related concerns you may have and why?
(b) What are some marketing concerns you may have and why?
5. The owners have heard the terms “SEO” and “keywords”. However, they have no idea what they mean and why they are relevant. Explain the terms and their relevance to them as simply as you can.
Make sure that your Main Post has gone through the Unicheck review. I look forward to interacting with you this week on the board.