You are the Director of Recruitment for Organization XYZ. Throughout the past two years, your organization has identified that many Millennials have been leaving Organization XYZ. Furthermore, very few members of the Millennial generation have applied for employment with your organization. Given the importance of diversity and inclusion, your organization recognizes the importance of ensuring that recruitment, selection, and retention strategies do not exclude one generational group. The CEO, the Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO), and yourself have had many discussions about diversity and inclusion in the workplace, though few actionable goals/plans have been implemented to ensure a diverse workplace environment.
On Thursday, the CEO, the CHRO, and yourself will be presenting information to the Executive Board about how to further ensure organizational diversity and inclusion. During this presentation, you need to present a detailed strategy to promote an organizational culture of inclusion, specifically by developing a new robust recruitment package. While offering more competitive compensation seems like the best option to ensure inclusion among all generational groups, it is important to note that workplace fairness, in regard to compensation, has been called into question. In fact, current employees have expressed concerns about not receiving perks that are offered to newly hired employees.
For this assignment you will develop a 7 page slide presentation. In your presentation cover the following:
- Develop a robust recruitment plan to attract millennial candidates. Consider the wants, needs, and desires of this generational group.
- In your recruitment plan, identify how you will deliver information about Organization XYZ to potential candidates.
- Given the concern regarding perks being used to recruit new employees, explain how your plan will include current employees.
- Discuss the ways that your plan will promote competitive advantage for your organization. Research what other organizations are doing to recruit different generations of workers and compare your planâ€™s strengths and weaknesses to specific organizational plans.
- Develop a 7 page slide presentation (900-1200 words), not including the title and reference pages, which are required.
- Your presentation must be properly cited and formatted according to the APA style
- Include a formal references page. This is an individual assignment; however, you should reflect on our discussion forums and incorporate ideas from there, as appropriate.
- You must support your analysis with at least four references (at least two scholarly/peer reviewed), and can include resources from this course.
- A scholarly or peer-reviewed journal article.
- A government-based website or publication.
- A trade or industry journal article, publication, or website, including those from trade organizations such as SHRM.org and TD.org.