Please follow the instructions the link is in the instructions. If you have any question please ask me
RESEARCH ARTICLE SUMMARY & CRITIQUE
THE 51st ANNUAL PDK POLL OF THE PUBLIC ATTITUDES TOWARD THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Thoroughly read the latest (September 2019) 24-page report â€œFrustration in the Schoolsâ€ (Teachers speak out on pay, funding, and feeling valuedâ€ and glean the key major findings. This was the 51st annual survey familiarize yourself with the methodology https://pdkpoll.org/methodology .
In a properly formatted paper (1 X 1 margins, double-spaced, left justification, 12-pitch standard font, with pagination, etc.), BOTH summarize and critique the research article commenting on both the quantitative and qualitative data.
Cite it using Langer Research Associates (2019) reportedâ€¦ OR (Langer Research Associates, (2019) and provide full reference at the very end.
- Have a general introduction and a conclusion.
- Use other level-one headers. Try to separate the summary from the actual critique.
- Try to be objective â€“ avoid biasness, as this is the general public not professional educators.
- Use past tense when citing and no first (or 2nd person) pronouns.
- No bulleted items or lists or â€œblockâ€ quotes. (use an ellipsis â€¦ OR â€¦. )
- You may bring in other outside scholarly sources (as long as they are current) to support your critique assertions.
- Paper should be about 3-4 pages of actual content.
INTRODUCTION (general introduction with purpose statement) _____ 10%
SUMMARY (of journal articleâ€™s main points or research findings) _____ 35%
CRITIQUE (of journal articleâ€™s data collection & research process) _____ 30%
CONCLUSION (conclusion that summarizes) _____ 10%
REFERENCE (full bibliographic information of journal article) _____ 10%
FORMAT (margination, pagination; citations; references; headers;
gender-biased language, etc.) _____ 5%
Percentage Point _____ 100
Total Points (out of 20)