Requires you to write a narrative which includes information that’s found in the Annual Report for Snapchat Co.. Chose a company that you will focus on for the final project. Here are the guidelines for your narrative–
1. This assignment is a follow-up to the lecture/discussion where to find a companyâ€™s annual report and its Security & Exchange Commission (SEC) 10K filings. Most information can be found at AnnualReports.com (2019) as well as on the actual corporate website and its press releases.
- Snapchat Co that you will focus on for the final project. Write a narrative that includes the following itemsâ€”
- Whatâ€™s the companyâ€™s name and it corporate location? Stock Exchange Ticker? Name both its industry and sector.
- Provide company site links (only) to the companyâ€™s mission and/or any relevant community/social altruism.
- How many employees work for the company?
- What actual media outlets does the company own? Break these down by industry and summarize the holdings. : Disney owns media networks which include both domestic and international cable channels; TV stations across the country; equity investments in media businesses; parks and resorts domestically and globally; cruise lines; studio entertainment & film distribution; theatrical production houses; pay TV; consumer products and interactive media such as merchandising & retail, games, publishing, etc..
- Are there any regional, international (global) markets? Name the key ones.
- Who is in charge? What strategy is the CEO (or leaders) advancing to move the company forward?
- What are some of the risks factors that the company has addressed? : Have there been recent labor disputes, regulatory stresses, or financial market turmoil?
- What market competition has occurred during the last 3 to 5 years?
- How sound are company finances? Report real figures and trends over the past 3 to 5 years. : based on Disneyâ€™s own link to its 2019 Annual Reportâ€™s Consolidated Statement of Comprehensive Income, The Disney Co. total revenues increased from $55,137M in 2017 to $59,434M in 2018 to $69,570M in 2019; net income attributed to Disney was $8,980M (2017), $12,598M (2018) and $11,054M (2019), respectively [found on pgs. 74-75].
- For your selected company, what are its revenues for the past 3-5 years?
- What is its net income for the past 3-5years?
- What re its total assets for the past 3-5 years?
- What Accounting Firm has submitted the 10K form for your selected company?
- What additional information have you found about the company based on current reviews/reports in other resources such as The Wall Street Journal Financial Times or Forbes Magazine?