Scenario: Identify and briefly describe an example of change leadership. This could be from your workplace, a colleague’s, or a famous case. Next, respond to the following questions:
– What was the nature of that leadership?
– Was the leader trusted?
– Did she/he deserve the trust given?
– What kind of power did the leader use?
– How were the messages about the change conveyed? Were they believable messages?
– Did organizational systems and processes support or, at minimum, not impair the change leader’s messages?
– Was there a sense of continuity between the past and the anticipated future? How was that sense of continuity developed and communicated? What was the impact?
– What can you learn about the impact of the leader on recipients of change as a result of your responses to the above questions?
– What can you learn about the impact of organizational systems and processes on the recipients of change?