What is the basic plot of “Antigone”? What is the climax (moment of greatest emotional impact) of the story?
* What is the setting (or settings) of “Antigone”? Remember setting includes time and place. How is the setting significant — does it make a difference?
* Can you identify a protagonist/hero in “Antigone”? How about an antagonist/villain? How are we (as readers or audience members) supposed to feel about these characters?
* Do you find any key symbols in the play? Why are they important?
* Which character mentions a particular philosophy during the play? What point does this character make about the philosophy? Do you think it’s true, based on the events that follow?
* Can you identify a theme in this play?