The final step in developing the software development plan is to prepare for the implementation and maintenance phases. Implementation requires more than just taking the design and coding. Proper planning for implementation will ensure that the developers have the proper tools and processes in place to do their jobs efficiently.
In this stage of the project, you will add the Implementation and Maintenance section to your Software Development Plan. You will also further refine the plan to produce your final plan document for the project.
The project requires that you do the following:
- Update the Software Development Plan title page with a new date and project name.
- Update the previously completed sections based on instructor feedback.
- Software Implementation
- Identify the major milestones and deliverables for the project.
- Discuss how source code control and versioning will be handled.
- Perform a risk analysis, and identify at least 3 risks and mitigation strategies.
- Identify the documentation that will be produced.
- Define the deployment strategy for the system.
- Software Maintenance
- Discuss the maintenance needs for the software and how the maintenance process will occur.
- Identify the strategy for upgrades and updates.
- Software Development Plan Final Version
- Review the entire document for any changes and improvements you would like to make.
- Ensure that this final version of the plan is sufficiently detailed to allow the software developers to move forward with the project.
- Any previous instructor feedback should be addressed with appropriate changes.