Here are the requirements for essay 2:
- Four (4) to five (5) pages (not counting your Works Cited).
- MLA format
- Four (4) credible sources.*
For a strong argument, be sure to:
- Support your claims with credible source information and sound reasoning. (logos and ethos)
- Explore all sides of the issue, providing a valid counterclaim to your argument. (don’t go weak here. If you use a weak, and therefore, easily defeated counterargument, your audience will see right through that, damaging your ethos and logos.)
- Create a strong rebuttal that shows the weakness in the counterclaim, crushing it. (logos and ethos)
- Show your audience why they should care. (pathos)
- Maintain a balance of the persuasive appeals, logos, pathos, and ethos.
- Avoid using fallacies.
* Essay 2 Topics
- Social media is a great/poor source for current news
- Millennials are/are not entitled brats
- AI will/will not take over the world
- Long distance/online relationships are/are not healthy/realistic
- Public cameras are/are not a violation of privacy
- Drug testing in the workplace is/is not a violation of our rights
- The right to have/not have children
- College degrees are/are not necessary for success