I will be acting as an occupational safety and health manager for a A & P mechanics shop conducting maintenance on small jet aircraft.
Consider these points when creating an Occupational Safety and Health program for your organization.
For your draft, briefly answer these questions showing about 50% completion of your work:
- Why do you need a safety program? Include industry accident statistics, workers compensation costs, etc.
- What programs do you need and why (regulation/moral/legal reasons)?
- How do you intend to provide training? Classroom, on-site, supervisor-based, online, or blended? Briefly explain why this will be an effective method.
- How do you intend to get employees to buy in (awards system, employee involvement methods, and enforcement)?
- Miscellaneous information you think will be pertinent to your program. This could be involvement in a safety management system, safety contractors, collateral duty efforts, advertising your program, etc.
Refer to the Academic Resources page for more APA resources.
Your paper will automatically be evaluated through Turnitin when you submit your assignment, but not entered into the repository. Turnitin is a service that checks your work for improper citation or potential plagiarism by comparing it against a database of web pages, student papers, and articles from academic books and publications. Ensure that your work is entirely your own and that you have not plagiarized any material!