I need an email essay and 5 slides PPT presentation.
1,2) Email-essay + slide
This assignment builds off of Weeks 1-3 assignments. You are now at the decision point, and you know what Netflix or Salesforce decided in this case. This is the assignment where you make an argument for that decision. (Or you can make your own recommendation, if you prefer.) You can base this email-essay off of the Netflix or Salesforce cases, independent of what you wrote your earlier week’s assignments about.
(1) Email-essay scenario: The data has been collected and analyzed. Time has come to make a decision and a plan based on the results of the analysis. As team lead for this project, your boss (or team) believes you have unique insights into the topic and wants your recommendation(s). What do you believe the company (or team) should do? What evidence* supports your recommendation(s)?
Remember: You already know what Netflix/Salesforce did in this decision making process.
- What is the desired outcome from this project? Include a quantified goal or goals.
- Summary of what you and the data analysis team learned in the analysis process*. What are the key findings? (Qualitative is fine, no numbers necessary.)
- Specific recommendation based on the key findings. Include enough information for another team to take over. You can say that you’re going to pass on data or code too. (e.g. in the Salesforce case, HR might take charge of the execution, but you can say you’ll give them the data about who needs to be paid more, you don’t need to give specific numbers)
* Use the evidence from the case study and other research you may have done. If there’s information you can’t find, feel free to things up, as long as the made up information is reasonable.
Audience: Write your recommendations in the form of an email to your boss. Keep in mind they may forward the email their superiors.
- Use in line citations where appropriate
- Include a reference list/bibliography
- Minimum 300 words
(2) Slide(s): Your boss asks you to present the data science team’s recommendations at a meeting with company executives/decision makers. Several teams will be giving presentations; you will have about 5 minutes to present both your recommendation and the evidence supporting it.
- 4-7 slides (excluding title, reference, thank yous/”any questions” slides)
- Citations as appropriate