- Work through the content detailed below.
- Write a 2-3 page persuasive analytical essay about urban change, social inequity, and urban life in which you make connections between the history of the site, and its redevelopment (â€˜The Scrubâ€™ â†’ Central Park Villages â†’ Encore), content from chapters 8 and 9, and your personal reactions, thoughts, reflections, and critiques on this redevelopment project.
Using the course content in chapters 8 and 9 (and any other chapters), as well as the information from the additional resources below, lead a persuasive analytical discussion on the redevelopment of the site as it pertains to urban change, social inequality, and urban life. Keep in mind that the audience you are writing to is comprised of urbanists, urban planners, developers, and policymakers. Your essay should take a stance on the redevelopment of the site into Encore.
- Submit your (minimum) 2-3 page essay via Canvas before the deadline – March 30 at 11:59 pm.
- Formatting: Times New Roman, 12 pt. font, double spaced, 1â€ margins
- Edit for spelling, grammar, syntax, and general readability before submitting your final draft.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Engage the following course content which provides some historical context for understanding urban social inequalities. The pages emphasized below are most relevant for the Encore visit.